Date(s) - 01/04/2019 - 05/04/2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Six Sigma is a business management strategy originally developed by Motorola, USA in 1986. Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimising variability in manufacturing and business processes.
It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization (e.g. “Black Belts” and “Green Belts”) who are experts in these methods. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organisation follows a defined sequence of steps and has quantified financial targets (cost reduction or profit increase).
Lean was originally used to describe the Toyota Production System, and is an approach used to maximise customer value whilst minimising waste. In simple terms this is creating more value for customers with fewer resources.
Who should attend?
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is suitable for anyone looking to generate business improvements in areas such as: customer satisfaction, service delivery, cost control, process performance, & new product introduction. Lean Six Sigma is a process improvement methodology. Project and change management are ineffective without process management.
The course is designed for all business professionals from a wide variety of manufacturing or service / transactional environments. You will be involved in the deployment of Business Improvement or Green Belt projects as part of your job role / function.
The course covers both Lean and the Six Sigma methodology, meaning that activities focused around the speed and quality of business processes are addressed.
You will gain your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification in only five days. You’ll learn:
- An in-depth understanding of Six Sigma and Lean, and hands-on application of the Green Belt tool-kit applied to real-life problems in the industry
- Insights on how to establish meaningful business metrics that align process performance with financial performance
- A detailed view of Cycle Time Reduction, Process Variation and Risk Management
- An actionable plan for identifying, scoping and chartering process improvement projects and selecting the right people to execute those projects
- Improved personal abilities to support your organization by attaining Green Belt Certification, upon successful completion of this program.
What is a Green Belt?
- Is trained in a subset of the Six Sigma and LEAN methodology and tools
- Works on small scope business improvement projects, typically as part of their job role
- Promotes and apply a common set of behaviors and practices to drive acceptance of Lean and Sigma concepts in the organization
- Can be an effective team member on a Black Belt team
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study. Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
You will learn advanced Lean Six Sigma Practitioner skills, to lead and implement business process improvement projects. This course will help you to solve specific problems, develop and / or implement plans, and address specific opportunities. You will cover the following content:
- Lean Fundamentals
- Six Sigma Fundamentals
- Six Sigma DMAIC Cycle (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control)
- Lean Six Sigma Principals
- Deploying Lean Six Sigma in the business
- Define the business problem / project Product families
- Develop customer-focused metrics
- Project Charter Stakeholder Mapping
- Change Adoption
- Process mapping
- Managing by Metrics
- Root Cause Analysis and Y = f(x)
- Basic Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Stability and Capability
- Data collection and sampling
- Seven basic quality tools (Ishikawa diagram, Pareto chart, Check sheet, Control chart, Flowchart, Histogram, Scatter diagram)
- Analyse time and work
- Equipment analysis
- Correlation and Regression Hypothesis testing
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) to quantify and prioritise risk within a process, product, or system and then track actions to mitigate that risk
- Logical (non-statistical) tools
- Creative Thinking
- Test selected solutions
- Initial control planning
- Implementation plan
- Critical to Quality (CTQ)
- Lean and Cycle Time Reduction
- Process Variation and Defect Management
- Control Charts (SPC)
- Deploying your solutions and closing your project
You will have an interest in business process improvement as part of your job role. No relevant experience in this field – or project management – is necessary.
- This training is based on both theory and practise
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
Examination and Certification
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification (in a exclusive frame)
The course includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilizing real-life examples
- Comprehensive Study Materials
- Fully instructor-led program
- Free re-exam
Reservations cannot be made anymore for this course.