Date(s) - 20/05/2019 - 24/05/2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Six Sigma is a business management strategy originally developed by Motorola, USA in 1986. Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimising variability in manufacturing and business processes.
It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization (e.g. “Black Belts” and “Green Belts”) who are experts in these methods. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organisation follows a defined sequence of steps and has quantified financial targets (cost reduction or profit increase).
Lean was originally used to describe the Toyota Production System, and is an approach used to maximise customer value whilst minimising waste. In simple terms this is creating more value for customers with fewer resources.
What is Six Sigma Black Belt
Aimed at the advanced practitioner, the Six Sigma Black Belt certification is suitable for anyone looking to generate business improvements in areas such as: customer satisfaction, service delivery, cost control, process performance, & new product introduction. Lean Six Sigma is a process improvement methodology. Project and change management are ineffective without process management.
The course is designed for all business professionals from a wide variety of manufacturing or service / transactional environments. You will be involved in the deployment of Business Improvement or Green Belt projects as part of your job role / function. The course covers both Lean and Six Sigma methodology, meaning that activities focused around the speed and quality of business processes are addressed.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training lasts 5 days. Pre-requisite is that you have participated in our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course before. Our course contains case studies and exercises – it is not just theory.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand Six Sigma and Lean and have hands-on application of the Green Belt tool-kit applied to real-life problems.
- Establish meaningful business metrics that align process performance with financial performance.
- Have a detailed view of Cycle Time Reduction,Process Variation and Risk Management.
- Prepare an actionable plan for identifying, scoping and chartering process improvement projects and selecting the right people to execute those projects.
- Lead teams in managing and preventing defects in products, processes or services.
- Redesigning existing products, processes or services to achieve Six Sigma levels of performance over the life cycle.
- Understand how an enhanced value stream can illuminate areas of opportunity through the application of Lean principles to reduce cycle time.
- Apply a practical understanding of how to lead strategic change, manage a team and transfer Lean Six Sigma knowledge to develop robust breakthrough products, services and processes that perform flawlessly on launch.
- Prepare an actionable plan for supporting your organisation, and tools to build continuous improvement capability that deliver substantial and meaningful business results.
On the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification course you will learn expert level Lean Six Sigma skills, to enable you to identify, lead and deliver business process improvement projects.
You’ll gain Black Belt level skills in these essential areas:
- Lean Principles
- Data Collection and Root Cause Analysis including Y=f(x)
- Six Sigma Principles including the Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control) Cycle
- Lean and Cycle Time Reduction
- Value Stream Mapping
- Process Mapping and Managing by Metrics
- Seven Basic Quality Tools (Ishikawa diagram, Pareto chart, Check sheet, Control chart, Flowchart, Histogram, Scatter diagram)
- Project / Problem Definition
- Critical to Quality (CTQ)
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Logical (non-statistical) tools
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Process Variation and Defect Management
- Black Belt Tool-kit application
- Change Management
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Descriptive Statistics
- Black Belt Tool-kit
- Project Management
- Solution Thinking
- Effective Team working and Facilitation skills
You’ll also develop expert level skills in the following Lean Six Sigma Black Belt capability areas:
- Minitab and advanced statistics including data manipulation
- Central Limit Theorem
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Hypothesis Testing I
- Coaching practice
- Analysis Of Variance (ANOVA)
- Hypothesis Testing II
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Advanced Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Change Adoption
- Logistic Regression
- You’ll have at least one and a half years of project management experience, either directly as a Project Manager or as part of a team.
- You’ll also have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office; such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Previous exposure to process improvement or Lean Six Sigma philosophies is helpful, but not essential.
- You must have attended and passed a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course previously, or are attending it as part of this course.
- This training is based on both theory and practice
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
Examination and Certificationean
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate in a exclusive frame
The course includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware
- Fully instructor-led program
- Free re-exam